Figs and sun-dried tomatoes…yea strange combo, I know. I will be the first to tell you, I did not know how this was going to come out, but I was happily surprised. Actually, scratch that- I was more the happily surprised. I loved every bite of this dish. It’s both sweet and savory and has the perfect texture. It’s comfort food and it’s finest! Yummmyyy.
Fresh figs are in season right now, so grab them while you can! This recipe really doesn’t work well with dried figs, so just stick with the real thing if you’re gonna take a whack at this recipe. Look at these cuties:
Roasted Figs & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Pint of figs – sliced in half
- ½ cup of sundried tomatoes
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts
- balsamic glaze
- salt & Pepp
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Take baking dish and line with foil, coat full with olive oil, place figs on foil face up. Drizzle with more olive oil and balsamic glaze. Crack salt and pepp on top. Add pine nuts.
- Place in oven. Cook for 20 minutes, then add the sun dried tomatoes (these can be chopped or whole- I like making them bite-size). Let them cook for another 10 minutes or until a little crispy. Make sure you don’t burn the sun dried tomatoes!