Okay. I am having way too much fun with my new ice cream maker. WAY to much. My freezer is overflowing with containers of ice cream. My roommate probably thinks I’ve lost my marbles. Plus side for him, he’s the taste tester.
So, after successfully making my first batch of snicker-doodle ice cream, my next challenge: chocolate. I didn’t want some mamsy-pamsy chocolate. I wanted The Motherload. I was aiming for the king of all chocolate ice creams and I’ll be the first to tell you, I got pretty darn close. Toasted coconut, freshly roasted almonds..yea, heavenly. A spoonful of chocolaty L♥VE!
Unfortunately, I cannot take FULL credit for this recipe. I did adapt it from the blog Stir It Up. Check it out!
Coco-Nutty Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 can of Coconut Milk, Full Fat (13.5 oz)
- 1/2 Cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of raw coco powder
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Warm all the ice cream ingredients in a saucepan over a low to medium heat. Bring to a simmer and heat until most of the cocoa powder is dissolved (about 8-10 minutes).
- Pour the mixture into a metal or glass bowl and then place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until the mixture is cold, REALLY COLD.
- Place the cold mixture in an ice cream maker and turn the machine on.
- Allow it to churn for about 20-25 minutes or until the ice cream becomes solid. Add chocolate chips, almonds, and coconut in the last 5 minutes or so.
Literally, I ate this too quick to take a legitimate picture of it. It was THAT GOOD. Seriously, if your a chocolate lover you will think you have died and gone to heaven. TRY THIS! You will not regret it.