So, I have made this recipe a few times now. It’s very popular in the Woods-Mardjetko apartment. Why? Cuz it is too yummy! My roommate claims this is his “favorite” paleo dessert that I make. It’s especially good once you let it cool off because it has that perfect gooey texture and the chocolate on top is still a little metly... I DROOL.
Another bonus: It’s SUPER easy to make and there are not many ingredients needed. You can get in, get out, and start chowin’ down in 30 minutes. A+ in my book! Mmm chocolatey, toffee goodness…
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut, coconut sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Press into baking dish evenly, go ahead and use your hands!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
- Turn off oven, remove pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for a few minutes so that chocolate chips can melt, then spread melted chips with a butter knife or offset spatula.
- Allow to cool so chocolate can become firm again- it won’t re-harden all the way unless you put it in the fridge!
- Cut into squares. Serve immediately or store in freezer.
Quick Note: I would definitely allow the toffee to cool as much as possible. Unfortunately, cutting it into small squares gets a little messy because the chocolate isn’t fully hardened, but it is WAY easier than putting it into the fridge and then trying to cut it- I would not suggest doing this (obviously, I’ve been in this situation before)… Just be patient, it is well worth it!