So, I am OBSESSED with arugula. I just l♥ve the peppery zing it adds to a dish! Arugula salads are one of my vices. I could eat them all day everyday and every kind of way. Obviously, I can eat arugula plain, but it’s actually awesome to add on the top of a warm dish. Chicken cacciatore, paleo approved pizza & flatbread, you name it! I would argue that arugula is a more italian driven green… If you go to an authentic, honest to goodness, mom & pop Italian restaurant, you are bound to see arugula somewhere on the menu or at least i would hope so.
I have SO MANY simple arugula salad recipe’s, but this is one I whipped up the other night. Simple, super easy, and affordable. Music to my ears! If you have TJ’s (trader Joe’s) close by, go grab some of their bags of the organic arugula. It’s great because
- It’s super cheap for organic produce
- I can easily get 3 large salads out of 1 bag and let me tell ya, I make BIG salads.
Simple Arugula Salad
- Arugula (Preferably organic)
- Sliced Red Onions
- 1/3-1/2 of a medium sized avocado, diced (Make sure it’s ripe! It make’s all the difference in a good salad versus a GREAT salad)
- 2 Tbs of dried blueberries (I get mine from Steve’s PaleoGoods)
- 2 Tbs of Pine Nuts (Roasted or Raw)
- 1-2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Use as much as you like)
- Salt & Pepp
- Lemon Juice (as much as you want, I usually squeeze about 1/2 of a lemon on my salad)
- 3 Tbs of Peppadew peppers, chopped (You can find these at TJ’s)
- Place all ingredients in bowl, season with salt & pepp. Voila, easy as paleo pie!