My roomie and I recently signed up for a veggie box from a company called Urban Organic. It’s all local, organic produce. Every 2 weeks we get a large box full of in season fruits and veggies, DELISH! So, I found myself stuck with 2 acorn squashes. The last few times I took a whack at acorn squash, it failed miserably. I just didn’t love the taste. BUT, I finally got it right! I whipped this up last night and it was too easy for words. Mmmm tastayy.
Balsamic Roasted Acorn Squash
- 2 Acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- salt & pepp
- Balsamic Glaze or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of cranberries, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs of erythritol (optional) or a few drops of liquid stevia
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a roasting pan with olive oil
- Place the cubed acorn squash in the pan and coat with olive oil, cinnamon, balsamic glaze, cranberries, and sweetener of choice
- Mix well and place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!