I recently traveled in Asia for about a month and upon paleo preparation for this trip, I knew I wanted to make some sort of granola-esc bar. So, I created my own concoction of dried berries, nuts, and coconut. But, I made a very big mistake… I should have made TWO batches of these little guys for my trip. These bars are chewy, sweet, & salty all at once. The perfect combination and I L♥VE them. These legit saved my belly a few times… all those rumbles down under got the best of me while abroad and these definitely curved my appetite.
Ooey, gooey, yumminess! Enjoy!
Very Berry Bars
- 2 Tbsp Golden Flax Meal
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup of dried blueberries, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp goji berries
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Combine the honey and the flax meal together
- Place all the other ingredients in a bowl, then add the honey/flax mixture and stir well, make sure it’s all coated.
- Place in 9 by 9 inch baking pan lined with wax paper
- Press down the mixture nicely, making sure its even
- Back from 20-25 minutes, until nice golden brown
- Once they are finished, make sure you let them cool in the pan COMPLETELY (you need to do this so they set correctly)