This is AHHH-MAZZ-INGGG!!! I gave up chocolate, but it’s Friday night and I decided to treat myself to some primal chocolate milk. yummmyyy… Any who, I stumbled upon this chocolate syrup recipe on another bloggies site. I thought this was a pretty healthy alternative to eating dark chocolate because it uses raw honey instead of coconut sugar, etc…
Please TRY this, it is amazing! and definitely curbs that late night cocoa craving!
Paleo Chocolate Syrup (adapted from Primal Bites)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup organic honey
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium, and allow to simmer and thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Once thickened but still liquid-y, remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.