So, this recipe is amazing!!! I did adapt it to make it paleo, but I have to give some street cred to my roomie, Justin, for finding this recipe. They first time he made it, it semi blew my mind. I couldn’t literally eat it by the spoonful…aaaand I usually do. Whoops. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
Almond Kale Pesto
- ½ cup Roasted Almonds (unsalted)
- 1 9-ounce container of baby kale leaves
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of garlic
- teaspoons lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and has the consistency of pesto
- you’re done!
- Use with chicken, steak, grilled veggies, whatever you like!