I have failed multiple times at making butternut squash soup. It never comes out the way I want it to. None the less, I found myself stuck with about 1 lbs of butternut squash. I roasted half of it a few days before and it was delish, but I thought why not take the rest and see if I could -once and for all- make a decent butternut squash soup.
I am beyond excited to share this with my mom. Her and I are constantly cooking and trying new recipes. Like me, she has tried to take a whack at butternut squash soup and it has always failed. Now we finally have a recipe!
When I took my first taste, I was a little disappointed… I couldn’t tell if it was missing something. Any who, I didn’t want to mess with it too much because it still was pretty good. I let it sit overnight in the fridge and voila! I heated it up for dinner tonight and it was PERRRRRFECT. Like, crazzzyy good.
Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup
- 3½ cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ – 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 Tbs of grass fed butter
- 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbs of erythritol or 7 drops of liquid stevia (optional) ( I would definitely just add a little at a time and keep trying it as you add the sweetener, it doens’t need a lot! Just a little to bring out the flavor)
- Place squash, onion, carrot, onion, apple, chicken stock, butter, and spices into crockpot. Turn on Low for about 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the mixture from the crockpot to a blender and blend until smooth
- Return mixture to crockpot and add almond milk, stir until blended
- Season with salt and pepper to liking and add erythritol or stevia if you want it!
- Top with bacon, chives, whatever you want :]