This is SO much better than that store bought crap. If you have time to make this, DO IT. It’s sooo beyond worth it. Plus, you don’t feel bad for eating it because it all natural ingredients. No preservatives or extra additives. I use it for my chicken salad recipe, on sandwiches, or salad dressing, the list goes on and on… I make this in bulk. I usually double or tripe the recipe just to play it safe. Whenever I come home, my mom makes me make it too, it’s her favorite. She refuses to buy store bought mayonnaise.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 4 Dashes of hot sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients, except olive oil, in a large glass bowl
- Have oil measured and standing by in measuring cup with pouring lip.
- Use immersion blender to start to blend the ingredients in the glass bowl.
- Keep blender running. Now slowly start pouring in oil; you want a stream about the diameter of a pencil lead.
- Keep working the blender, your arm will get tired!
- Make sure that you get all the oil incorporated, once it’s of a puddy-like consistency you’re done!
- Place in a mason jar and enjoy!