I’ve recently been CRAVING a Starbucks mocha, but alas, I don’t drink coffee because it upsets my stomach (I have very bad acid reflux, I blame my dad for this wonderful gene). Good new’s though, a few months back I found some coffee extract. There was no real reason why I bought it, I just thought “what the hell”. But I have finally put it to some good use! Introducing my Paleo Mocha Frappuccino. Okay I’ll be honest, this doesn’t taste exactly like Starbucks, BUT it’s wayyy healthier and its a good source of protein before your morning workout session.
Another new endeavor for me: eliminating nuts. This is super hard for me. Ever since I went Paleo, I’ve been really dependent on nuts as a source of protein and snacking. I L♥VE trail mix. For the last 2 years it’s been one of my basic food groups, but I have been having stomach issues and I’m thinking that nuts could be the culprit. I have not eaten them for a few days and I’m already feeling a bit better, not as bloated or “full”, less water retention, the list goes on… In replacement for all these nuts butters and flours, I’m now trying organic sunbutter and pumpkin seeds. I’m eating them in very little moderation, but it seems to be going well and my tummy is happy ☺ hooray!
I PROMISE I will add a picture when I get the chance, but I’ve already guzzled this down. Off to my dance class!
Paleo Mocha Frappuccino
- 1 green tipped banana (if on 21DSD)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, organic or almond milk (coconut milk will make it creamier)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 Tbs of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 Tbs of sunflower seed butter, organic (Use this sunbutter)
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp of coffee extract (Use this one)
- A few drops of liquid stevia
- Place everything in a blender and combine until smooth
- Top with cocoa nibs if you like!