Holy toledo, its SPRING. Man oh man, did it creep up on me this year. Granted, I’ve had a whole lot going on the past few months:
Move back to Chicago, go to Utah, promote new jewelry company StevieWren, go back to Chicago, work for Surgimap and StevieWren, fly back to New York, stay with my NY default Sarah, search for apartment, work at Surgimap, leave NYC, fly to Las Vegas for a medical conference, fly back to NYC, finalize my apartment (which is a full time job in itself), move-in, and BAM, it’s Easter. *Breathe*
Long story short, my life was a friggin’ mess for the past 3 months. I ran around NYC like a bat-out-of-hell looking at apartments. After viewing almost 50 different places (you heard me, 50), I finally decided on a great little alcove studio in Columbus Circle. AMEN.
I moved in on Thursday, organized Friday, and was on a plane to Chicago for Easter weekend Saturday morning. Yes, my life is hectic. Will it ever get less hectic? Probably not. Why? Because I am crazy.
Any who, I’m coming back to blogging with a bang! I made this amazing salad for our pre-easter dinner with the Murphy clan. This dressing is the BOMG-DIG. It’s the perfect consistency. It also got rave reviews during dinner. Go me.
Power Berry Salad
- Fresh Kale
- Baby Spinach
- 1 can of Hearts of Palm, sliced
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 2 Avocados, chunked
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- English Cucumber, sliced
- Green onion, chopped
- Get creative! Throw as much or as little of the ingredients you want in the salad
- Toss and top with the pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cups of olive oil
- 1 egg, organic
- half the juice of 1 lemon, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder OR 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbs of raw organic honey OR 4-5 drops of stevia
- 2 Tbs of apple cider vinegar OR white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs of poppyseeds
- Place olive oil, egg, lemon juice, salt, and mustard in a bowl
- Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients until well incorporated. Start at the bottom of the bowl and work your way up on LOW setting.
- Once you have a “mayo-like” consistency, add the rest of the ingredients and blend with immersion blender.
- Be sure to chill the dressing for optimal flavor!