OMG it has been forever! I have been so busy and honestly, not doing anything too exciting with my meals lately. But alas, here I am once again. I’ll hopefully have a few new recipes up soon enough. Once my … Continue reading
This is such an easy week night recipe and it SO good. It’s jam-packed with yummy flavors. I’ve been using Mario Batali’s new tomato sauce and it delish. It is made with all natural ingredients and has no added sugars, flavoring, NOTHING. Plus, it’s made with olive oil, not canola oil- p.s. this is hard to come by in most jarred sauces. There are a lot of brands now that use “real” ingredients in the sauce, but they cost you an arm and a leg. I order Mario’s sauce on Walmart for 5.94 for a 24 oz. jar…if you don’t know, THATS A LOTTA SAUCE PEOPLE.
As for the sausage links, to save money – and time- I’ve been buying the spicy Italian chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s. They are GREAT. Not only are they cheap, these also have NO weird added ingredients, and – I can’t even believe it – NO SUGAR. Usually ALL packaged sausage, of any kind, has added sugar in it. So these lil’ babies are quite the find.
Enjoy this Italian goodness!!
Italian Style Skillet
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (you could use red bell pepper too!)
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 3-4 slices of pepperoni, chopped
- 3-4 slices of bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 sausage links (you can use chicken sausage too!), sliced
- 2-3 cups of tomato sauce (depending on how saucy you like it) – you can use a jar of sauce, just make sure there is no added preservatives or sugars
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes, 1 tsp if you like heat!
- salt & pepp (you don’t need a lot of salt because the bacon adds a good amount!)
- Place olive oil into skillet and heat for a few minutes on low-medium heat
- Place chopped onion and garlic into the pan and heat until onion becomes semi-translucent
- Add the crushed red pepper
- Once it starts to head up, add the bacon and pepperoni and cook until both become a little crispy
- Add the chopped green pepper and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the pepper becomes a little browned and soft
- Place the sliced links into the pan and cook until the pieces are lightly browned
- Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer on low until heated all the way through
- Top with more red pepper flakes and nutritional yeast (to give it a bit of cheeeeeziee flavor…YUM)!
These are pretty much the same recipe as my blueberry muffins, but with a nice little twist! I added some fresh raspberries and some orange extract, YUM-MEE. These are a great thing to grab when you’re on the go (*cough* … Continue reading
So I had two VERY ripe plantains sitting in my kitchen and I had noooo idea what to do with them… I did some thinking and I decided to give a whack at some plantain brownies. Honestly, THESE ARE DELICIOUS. … Continue reading
No intro necessary: Behold the glory of the sunbutter patty. Sunbutter Patties Ingredients: 1 cup of sunbutter, unsalted ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut 1 tablespoon coconut oil 2 tablespoon honey 1 cup dark chocolate chips Instructions Place almond butter, oil and … Continue reading
Talk about an AH-MAZING dessert, that’s actually healthy. This chocolate pudding is jam-packed with tons of nutrients from the avocado, calcium from the almond milk, and potassium from the bananas. Truly, this is delicious and – can you believe it- … Continue reading
I have been so M.I.A on my blog and I’m ashamed. I swear, there’s a good reason! That reason: NO DISHES. I’m still eating off of paper plates. I have so many recipes piled up in my drafts, but I … Continue reading
Holy toledo, its SPRING. Man oh man, did it creep up on me this year. Granted, I’ve had a whole lot going on the past few months: Move back to Chicago, go to Utah, promote new jewelry company StevieWren, go … Continue reading
This is a lot like my other bread recipes, but with a little added twist… I’ve been enjoying this as toast with a little almond butter on it in the morning. It’s versatile and will really go with anything! Lemon … Continue reading
So, these are notorious in my household…Honestly, I don’t know why people think these are so good! Like yea, they are great, but my family goes bonkers over this recipe. My secret ingredient is the cream of tartar… it makes … Continue reading