Sundried-Tomato Flat Bread Ingredients: 3 large eggs 1/4 cup of coconut flour 1 1/2 tbs of physillum husk flour 2 tsp of garlic powder 1 tsp of onion powder 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk 2 cloves of minced garlic … Continue reading
Chocolate Cherry Blondies
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of erythritol or 1/3 cup of raw, organic honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chip (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, erythritol, vanilla, eggs, and almond milk
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined and batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown and knife comes out with a few crumbs attached
This is truely the BEST Italian dressing I have ever made. It’s super simple. You can adjust the flavors as you like, but it’s important to use fresh ingredients that’s what really makes this recipe stand out.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, roughl chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1/2cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- Salt & pepp
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbs of maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbs of dijon mustard
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor
- Blend until frothy!
- Enjoy on a crisp Italian-style salad
OMG it has been forever! I have been so busy and honestly, not doing anything too exciting with my meals lately. But alas, here I am once again. I’ll hopefully have a few new recipes up soon enough. Once my … Continue reading
These are pretty much the same recipe as my blueberry muffins, but with a nice little twist! I added some fresh raspberries and some orange extract, YUM-MEE. These are a great thing to grab when you’re on the go (*cough* … Continue reading
So I had two VERY ripe plantains sitting in my kitchen and I had noooo idea what to do with them… I did some thinking and I decided to give a whack at some plantain brownies. Honestly, THESE ARE DELICIOUS. … Continue reading
Talk about an AH-MAZING dessert, that’s actually healthy. This chocolate pudding is jam-packed with tons of nutrients from the avocado, calcium from the almond milk, and potassium from the bananas. Truly, this is delicious and – can you believe it- … Continue reading
I have been so M.I.A on my blog and I’m ashamed. I swear, there’s a good reason! That reason: NO DISHES. I’m still eating off of paper plates. I have so many recipes piled up in my drafts, but I … Continue reading
Holy toledo, its SPRING. Man oh man, did it creep up on me this year. Granted, I’ve had a whole lot going on the past few months: Move back to Chicago, go to Utah, promote new jewelry company StevieWren, go … Continue reading
I’ve recently been CRAVING a Starbucks mocha, but alas, I don’t drink coffee because it upsets my stomach (I have very bad acid reflux, I blame my dad for this wonderful gene). Good new’s though, a few months back I found some coffee extract. There was no real reason why I bought it, I just thought “what the hell”. But I have finally put it to some good use! Introducing my Paleo Mocha Frappuccino. Okay I’ll be honest, this doesn’t taste exactly like Starbucks, BUT it’s wayyy healthier and its a good source of protein before your morning workout session.
Another new endeavor for me: eliminating nuts. This is super hard for me. Ever since I went Paleo, I’ve been really dependent on nuts as a source of protein and snacking. I L♥VE trail mix. For the last 2 years it’s been one of my basic food groups, but I have been having stomach issues and I’m thinking that nuts could be the culprit. I have not eaten them for a few days and I’m already feeling a bit better, not as bloated or “full”, less water retention, the list goes on… In replacement for all these nuts butters and flours, I’m now trying organic sunbutter and pumpkin seeds. I’m eating them in very little moderation, but it seems to be going well and my tummy is happy ☺ hooray!
I PROMISE I will add a picture when I get the chance, but I’ve already guzzled this down. Off to my dance class!
Paleo Mocha Frappuccino
- 1 green tipped banana (if on 21DSD)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, organic or almond milk (coconut milk will make it creamier)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 Tbs of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 Tbs of sunflower seed butter, organic (Use this sunbutter)
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp of coffee extract (Use this one)
- A few drops of liquid stevia
- Place everything in a blender and combine until smooth
- Top with cocoa nibs if you like!